We all remember the classic game of Battle Ship when we were growing up. You’d set your ships up and try to blow up your opponents ships, before they sank all of yours. We have grown up since then and found out they make an adult version of this game. BattleShots is exactly what you think, you take shots when your opponent has a direct hit on your ship. Now lets dive into the BattleShots Game Review.
- 2 sailor hats or “Dixie cups”.
- 20 durable, dish washer safe shot glasses.
- 2 dry erase markers.
- One liquid resistant game box.(not liquid proof, wipe off spills quickly)
- 2 Carriers
- Two Battleships
- 2 Frigates
- 2 mines
How to Play BattleShots
- Sit across from your opponent so that neither of you can see each other’s board. Arrange your ships and mine on your blue grid horizontally or vertically(not diagonally). Fill each shot glass with your preferred choice of beverage and put the shot glasses in the holes in the ships. You should select a special beverage for the shot glass that you put in the mine – your opponent will drink it if they “hit” it. Remember, to always keep your ships and mine locations a secret
Go to war!
- Determine who goes first. On your turn, call out the coordinates where you believe an enemy ship is positioned. *For example, if you call out A1, and your opponent yells “hit”, place an “X” on the red grid using your marker and your opponent drinks the shot. If it’s a miss they do nothing and use an “O” (this allows you to track your guesses) If your opponent calls the correct coordinate then you must announce this and drink that corresponding shot. The game ends once either opponent has had all their ships sunk. Any remaining shots left on the board at the end of the game falls under the “house rules” category.
BattleShots Game Play
When we got our game in we opened it up and wondered where the actual game board was. Oh yeah, the box converts into the game board! I love this as helps keep everything together and reduces waste. There are magnets in the board that help secure everything when you’re traveling and taking the BattleShots game to your tailgating party.
When you open the board up you find your ships and these have a little weight to them. They were higher quality than I anticipated. It comes with durable plastic shot glasses and even 2 sailor hats! You know we love costumes.
We got our captain and sailor players set up to have a BattleShots war and they started calling out coordinates to find the direct hits. After you call a shot you can mark it on the dry erase board, so you know your hits vs. your misses.
We played with beer shots in our ships and a whiskey shot in the mine. You can play with hard spirits in all the shot glasses, but you may sink your own ship after one game, if you know what I mean! We’ve said it before and will say it again: Drink Responsibly and Never drink and drive!
As the game went on we got more and more laughs. The game came down to the last shot and whoever got the right coordinates would win the game. Captain Tyler called the winning coordinates and sank Sailor David’s last ship in dramatic fashion.
Loser has to swab the poop deck!
PROS: fun, nostalgic, the box is the game board, even comes with sailor hats
CONS: make sure you wipe up spills quickly
Overall, this was a fun trip down memory lane. The added elements of taking shots when you have a direct hit increased the fun and laughs. If you grew up enjoying Battle Ship it’s time to have some fun with BattleShots!
*Always Drink Responsibly and NEVER Drink and Drive*
Learn more and get your own game from BATTLESHOTS.
Find this and hundreds of awesome products in our one stop tailgating shop AMAZON STORE.
Thanks for reading our blog on the BattleShots game review. Let us know your thoughts and questions and then watch our video below. While you’re on YouTube make sure you hit that SUBSCRIBE button.
Love learning about all the cool, new products that we get test? Take a look at our latest PRODUCT REVIEWS.
We never get paid to give our professional opinion. This way we can always keep it real with our fans. We were sent a sample to test out with the understanding that we’d give our honest thoughts.
Written By: Luke Lorick 8/17/21