If you’re reading this article then it’s safe to assume you are a fan of whiskey. Whiskey could be up to 1,000 years old. There is some debate as to when the first whiskey was distilled, but we still love the nectar of the gods, to this day. In this blog post we show you how to make apple cinnamon whiskey.
This is a simple and delicious trick that can turn a regular bottle of whiskey into a drink that even non-whiskey lovers will enjoy. We went to a restaurant in TX a few years back that was infusing their whiskey with different items. We sampled the apple cinnamon whiskey and fell in love.
How To Make It
- What you need: bottle of whiskey, apples, and cinnamon sticks
- Ensure that at least 25% of the whiskey bottle is empty (allow space for the apples and cinnamon)
- Slice apples small enough to fit through the opening of the whiskey bottle
- Fill the bottle with cinnamon sticks and apple slices
- Allow to infuse for about a week
This is one of those drinks where I was like: “That’s all you have to do?” It seemed almost too easy, but that is all there is to it.
How Best to Enjoy
- Straight up, Shots!
- Ginger Ale
- Cream Soda. This is by far my favorite way to serve this drink. Trust me, try it with Cream Soda and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
This is a simple way to turn your favorite whiskey into something totally different. We do this every Christmas season, but this is a recipe that could be used at any time of the year, especially if you love apple cinnamon flavor.
If you try this whiskey infusion recipe out we’d love to see your pics (tag us on social media @TailgatingChallenge) and let us know what you think of it. We know there are other great ways to infuse whiskey and we want to hear about those too.
Check out the video below to see this how to video in action.
Love learning about cool ideas and products? Take a minute and scroll through our latest BLOG articles.
Written By: Luke Lorick 12/19/20