Tired of your paper plates blowing all over the place when the wind picks up? Well so was the team at Stay Put Plate. They decided to do something about it with the Picnic Hero. Let’s take a closer look at how this performs in our Picnic Hero Review.
Features of Picnic Hero
- Prevents paper plates from flipping or blowing away in the breeze/wind – successfully tested at wind speeds up to 50 MPH!
- Provides structure and support to food-laden paper plates—no need to double or triple-up paper plates to prevent them from flopping or food from spilling over.
- Easily and conveniently carry your loaded plate with one hand!
- Easily removable butler button allows you to use the Picnic Hero base independently.
- Able to hold fast to glass, plastic, metal, tile, stone, and wood tabletops up to 1.25” thick
- Versatile and easy to use, fitting the most popular brands of dinner-sized disposable plates – between 8 5/8” and 9 ¼”
- Translucent color blends in with any décor/theme.
- Dishwasher safe. BPA free.
- Sturdy and reusable.
- Lightweight and compact—stack, pack, and carry sets in a picnic basket, backpack, or tote bag!
Taken from www.picnic-hero.com
First step is to put your paper plate into the Picnic Hero. There are 3 tabs that you slide the plate under to secure it in place. Once secured you can turn it upside down and the plate will still hold strong.
After the plate is installed it is time to secure it to the table. There are two ways to do this:
- If the table is metal the plate will automatically attach with the built in magnet
- If the table is not metal you will attach the ‘butler button’ under the table to secure it magnetically, through the table.
Once we had the Picnic Hero secured it was time to put it to our tailgating challenge. We placed it in front of our GIANT Maxx Air fan and put it on high. The plate didn’t move! The paper plate with out the Picnic Hero flew off the table with the same wind speed.
PROS: holds paper plates in place even with stronger winds, easy to hold with the ‘butler button’
CONS: Not all disposable plates will fit
Areas of Opportunity: adding an LED light ring around the plate edge to see at night. Flexibility to allow different sized plates to fit into the Picnic Hero stay put plate holder.
Overall, this product did what it said it would do. If you’re tired of your plates blowing all over then it may be time to become the Picnic Hero and get some Picnic Hero plate holders to keep your plates where you want them.
Learn more and get your own by visiting PICNIC HERO.
Thanks for reading our blog on the Picnic Hero Review. Let us know what questions you have and now enjoy the video we created on the Picnic Hero from Stay Put Plates.
Check out our AMAZON store to find a one stop shop for so many of the cool products that we get to test out and help support us.
Love learning about all the cool, new products that we get to test out? Take a minute and check out our latest PRODUCT REVIEWS.
We NEVER get paid for our reviews. This way we can keep it real with you. We were sent a sample to test out with the understanding that we’d give our honest thoughts.
Written By: Luke Lorick 3/28/21